Senior Research Associate — Cell Processing
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Exuma Biotech is looking for another individual to share our passion for making a lasting difference in the fight against cancer.
The big picture is:
This position will be part of our Cell Processing group and support clinical research and development programs working in our new laboratory. The selected individual will be expected to be well organized and meticulous in their approach to complex experiments, with the ability to both understand the aim as well as communicate results and present conclusions. Exuma Biotech promotes matrix project management and therefore expects research associates to collaborate with others and share experience openly to achieve our goals.
Why join us?
EXUMA Biotech is a clinical-stage biotechnology company committed to discovering, developing, and commercializing cell and gene therapies for the treatment of cancer. The company has rapidly built its core technologies with a growing global presence with operations in China (Shanghai and Shenzhen), Grand Cayman, and in the US with a site in West Palm Beach, Florida. This is a full-time position working with a great team and with excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K plan with a company match, and unlimited PTO.
Here are some of the responsibilities:
- Investigates, creates and develops new experiments involving cell processing compatible with a GMP environment
- Experience in immunobiology with proficiency in flow cytometry and ELISA based assays
- Experience in cell/molecular biology with proficiency in genetic modification of cells
- Understanding of the biologics drug discovery and development process and familiarity with cell and gene therapy and a BSL2+ environment.
- Contributes to SOPs, Master Batch Records, Bill of Materials and other technical documents related to technology and process transfers to GMP production/manufacturing sites
- Maintain organized records of tests performed and results obtained by following company policies
- Write investigation reports and SOPs to support analytic methods development as required
- Regularly acts in conducting their own experiments. Shares technical expertise with other colleagues
- Perform troubleshooting and preventative maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Provide technical assistance, guidance, and training to other laboratory personnel
- Prepare data for internal and external meetings and presentations
- Maintain a level of technical knowledge and understanding in the assigned areas of responsibility that are consistent with the current scientific requirements of the company
- Participates in cross-functional teams by performing experiments and occasionally offers technical advice at team/group meetings. Represent functional area in Project Teams, as required
We are looking for candidates with this background and education:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- A minimum of 6 years’ relevant industry experience, or MS degree plus the knowledge and skills acquired through 4 years’ relevant industry experience.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience working in cell and gene therapy or immuno-oncology field – Preferred
- Ability to illustrate complex issues and to evaluate them critically as well as to navigate a goal-orientated decision process
- Possesses planning and organizational skills
- Able to manage a number of projects simultaneously
- Experience in multicultural environments
- Proven ability to work efficiently and independently
- Strategic thinker, self-starter, and results-oriented
To apply or obtain additional information, contact: email@example.com with your resume and cover letter or use the form below.