Director In Vivo Pharmacology
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Exuma Biotech is looking for another individual to share our passion for making a lasting difference in the fight against cancer.
The big picture is:
This position will report directly to the VP of Oncology Research and Development and support clinical research and development programs working in our new laboratory. The selected individual will be expected to be well organized and meticulous in their approach to complex experiments and be able to both understand the aim as well as communicate results and present conclusions. EXUMA Biotech promotes matrix project management and therefore expects all employees to collaborate with others and share experience openly to achieve our goals.
Why join us?
EXUMA Biotech is a clinical-stage biotechnology company committed to discovering, developing, and commercializing cell and gene therapies for the treatment of cancer. The company has rapidly built its core technologies with a growing global presence with operations in China (Shanghai and Shenzhen), Grand Cayman, and in the US with a site in West Palm Beach, Florida. This is a full-time position working with a great team and with excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K plan with a company match, and unlimited PTO.
This is role is for the Director of In Vivo Pharmacology located in sunny West Palm Beach, FL. It is an exciting opportunity to lead, develop and execute in vivo preclinical studies to understand the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of EXUMA’s novel cell- and gene-based therapies. The successful candidate will provide hands-on leadership and manage collaborations with CROs to deliver high-quality in vivo pharmacology data packages and reports. This key position will liaise between discovery and development teams to explore the mechanism of action and establish the PK/PD to help inform IND enabling toxicology studies and studies establishing dosing ranges for first-in-human trials.
Here are some of the responsibilities:
- Leads the U.S. in vivo pharmacology efforts to support the development of programs from the time of clinical candidate selection to IND-enabling studies
- Manages collaborations with CROs and Academic institutions
- Drafts SOPs, final reports, and other technical documents related to in vivo studies
- Authors the pre-clinical pharmacology sections of regulatory documents
- Coordinates across functional areas in the company such as discovery, development, manufacturing, quality, and clinical
- Recognizes and solves scientific and technical issues that arise during the course of an in vivo study and ensures delivery of high-quality data
- Prepares data for internal and external meetings and presentations
- Maintains a level of technical knowledge and understanding in the assigned areas of responsibility that are consistent with the current scientific requirements of the company
- Participates in cross-functional teams both internally and externally
We are looking for candidates with this background and education:
- PhD, MD, or equivalent degree from an accredited institution plus 7+ years of relevant experience in pharmacology related to cell and gene therapy
- Proficiency and hands-on experience with in vivo cell and gene therapy models.
- Ability to PK/PD model utilizing programs such as WinNonLin
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
- Experience in progressing drug programs from pre-clinical to IND
- Experience in immunobiology, molecular biology, and histopathology
- Ability to illustrate complex issues and to evaluate them critically as well as to navigate a goal-orientated decision process
- Possesses planning and organizational skills
- Able to manage a number of projects simultaneously
- Experience in multicultural environments
- Self-motivated, flexible, and able to quickly change direction due to priorities
- Proven ability to work efficiently and independently
- Strategic thinker, self-starter, and results-oriented
To apply or obtain additional information, contact: email@example.com with your resume and cover letter or use the form below.